Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Dreams are a wish your heart makes

I love the movie that song came from but it really has been on my mind today Dreams are things we have as we grow they either happen or they don't. I am reminded that God gives us the desires of our hearts and if a dream is a wish our hearts make than they must be the desires of our hearts right? I am up in the air about that one. I have many dreams and I have yet to see one come true. the desires of my heart are well simple a home one I call my own maybe with some property and to be financially secure so money worries are not there. now I ask is that too much to ask for? I know that God has a plan and our dreams may not be in them but if He is going to give us our hearts desire than when can we expect that to happen. I know we cant rush God he does things in his time and He is never late. my desire is to know Him love Him and give my children the home and the place to play that they dream of so often I know I have been told you have to be specific when you pray and ask God for something. don't settle for second best because God may have had something Perfect in mind. so when I think about a dream is a wish your heart makes I want to think that God is waiting for the perfect time to make my dream come true.

1 comment:

Heather and Reese said...

Billie,

If you will indulge me, a few thoughts:

1. The next line of the song is "When you're fast asleep." A few nights ago I had a dream that I was walking through a library that was closing down and all the books I wanted were mine for the taking. THAT was a wish my heart made.

Years ago I had a dream that a masked man was chasing me in Cascade Square with a gun and shooting at me while I held one of my babies, and just as I woke up he shot me and I was dying. That was NOT a wish my heart made. The song isn't infallible!

2. Think positively: there are many dreams you've had that did come true; I know because I was with you when you were dreaming them. Your kids, your husband, good relationships with your family, moving out on your own, your health, living in America, staying in the area you live in, etc. There are always many more dreams that God grant than we recognize.

3. God has been speaking to me about the longing in my heart that is NEVER filled. You know what that is: the nameless, faceless longing that gnaws at you despite achieving other things you need/want? It's the longing of your spirit tp be with God.

Living overseas, I have grown accustom to a non-stop pain in my heart for my home in America. God has used that to show me that the lack of satisfaction I often feel in my heart is due to the fact that I am a citizen of Heaven living in a strange land. This isn't my home, and no matter how many other things I have going for me, I will always feel an empty place in myself. Even if everything you think you need were to fall into place, you wouldn't be satisfied; you can't be. Humanly, we try to fill that void with things, with people, with whatever fits there at the moment. But it won't do. God and your home in heaven is all that can satisfy. Until you can make it there, do as Paul said: "No matter my circumstances, I have learned to be content" (my paraphrase).

By this I don't mean to belittle your longing for a permanent home. I just want to remind you that there will always be SOMETHING. Learning to be content no matter where God puts us ("Blooming" where we're "planted") is a struggle for all of us, but we can't make it happily through life until we learn it.

I'm praying that the doors to a new home soon. You need it, I know that and-- far more importantly-- so does God.

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." (Matt 6:25-34)

I love you, Reese